Advanced Cranial Sacral Techniques (Live)
The advanced Cranial Sacral class will focus on deepening skills in your practice and further developing your knowledge of the Cranial Sacral system. Awareness and opening to the sense of touch exercises will be given. Anatomy of the cranial bones, membranes, cranial nerves, and cerebral spinal fluid will be studied using slides, power points and charts.
The class will begin by reviewing the material learned in Cranial Sacral 1 and discussing sessions that therapists have given to their clients and the results. We will cover advanced work in the sphenoid/ occipital relationship by looking at flexion/ extension, range of motion and addressing compression/decompression issues, lateral strains, torsion or side bending of the sphenoid. The students will learn how to feel for distortions and how to balance them.
TMJ dysfunctions and other distortions in the Maxillary / Mandible relationship will be studied. The students will learn to address torsion, lateral strains, and compression of the hard palate as well as working with the vomer and the palatines. They will learn to feel and identify tight muscles and ligaments effecting the proper function and alignment of the mandible and how to work with them. All internal mouth work will be done using gloves and a light touch.
- Students must have completed Cranial Sacral 1 with Phyllis Velez.
- If you have studied elsewhere and would like to join the class you must have approval through the class instructor.
- Required reading is 'Cranial Intelligence' by GED Sumner and Steve Haines, available at www.singing-dragon.com and at Amazon. Please read chapter 7 ('Birth') and chapter 10 ('The Facial Complex'). Bring this book to class with you.
- You will need to bring the following items to class everyday: ** Travel cup with sealed lid ** 3 sets of linens (table and bolsters will be provided)
- Thursday, June 11th • 1:00pm-6:00pm
- Friday, June 12th • 9:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday, June 13th • 9:00am-6:00pm
About the instructor
Phyllis Velez, LMBT, practitioner of Cranial Sacral Therapy since 1994. Her practice is in Asheville. Phyllis taught at The Whole You School of Massage from 1997-2009 and has taught at the Asheville School of Massage and Yoga since 2007. Phyllis teaches Swedish and Cranial Sacral at ASMY and for her, teaching and helping students gain new skills and awareness is a true joy.