Tui na – Level 1 (Live)
Tui na is a style of bodywork that originated in China and has been used for centuries. Tui na, similar to other Eastern-based styles, can be performed fully clothed and without oil. It emphasizes therapeutic relief of muscular and joint pain. Range of motion and traction are used in a gentle way to realign and create more space in the joints of the body. Several of the techniques use a rhythmic motion, while applying pressure. This both relaxes the nervous system via repetitive motion, gently relaxes the joints of the body and releases muscular pain and tension. Tui na can be performed very gently or deeply, and therefore is appropriate for all ages and conditions.
In this course, participants will:
- Learn the fundamental tui na bodywork techniques rooted in Chinese acupuncture.
- Learn body mechanics to lessen muscle and joint stress.
- Learn how to perform traction while protecting injured areas in a gentle and very effective way.
- Learn qigong movements that promote hand strength, circulation, and reinforce proper body mechanics.
- Friday, October 2, 2020: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, October 3, 2020: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 4, 2020: 9:00am - 6:00pm
About the instructor
Eric Aufdencamp, LAc, MS
Eric completed his massage therapy training in Albuquerque, NM in 1995 and his Master's of Science in Oriental Medicine in 2001. He began his training in Tui na in Acupuncture College during his month in China in studying Tui Na Chinese Medicine Hospitals. Eric advanced his studies training with major teachers in the field. He has been teaching Shiatsu at Asheville School of Massage and Yoga since its inception in 2005. He continues to offer both tui na, shiatsu, acupuncture, and herbal medicine to his patients.