Improving Therapy Outcomes (Live)
Want to have fun while getting your CEUs? Spend time with Pete Whitridge learning to apply current massage therapy research findings to improve your clinical practice skills.
• Improve your therapy outcomes using current research findings
• Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and fascial structures
• Teach your clients to work with you during therapy
• Eliminate chronic pain by working below the client’s pain threshold
• Slow down, focus your attention, be more effective with less effort
This hands-on workshop will update you on current research evidence to inform and refine your therapeutic skills. The class will focus on topics such as affective outcomes, inflammatory response, pain science, and trauma and resiliency. Proper use of thermal therapies, the reeducation of post-traumatic injury response in wound repair, and functional movement patterning will also be covered. Help your clients become self reliant by teaching them to fully engage their own self awareness and interoception. Strengthen your practice and deepen your skills. Receive wonderful bodywork from your colleagues.
- Sunday June 2, 2019 • 9:00am - 5:00pm (one hour lunch)
About the instructor
Pete has been a licensed massage therapist since 1988. He is a founder and Past President of the Alliance For Massage Therapy Education and has dedicated his career to helping establish high standards in massage therapy education. He teaches throughout the U.S. and is a frequent speaker at FSMTA, FCA and AMTA meetings and conventions.