September 14, 2018 – August 18, 2019
September 13, 2019 – August 16, 2020
The school’s primary objective is to provide a formal education for lay persons and health professionals who are seeking to integrate the principles and practices of Ayurveda into their personal lives and health care practices. Graduates of the program will be qualified to teach the basic principles of Ayurveda and conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations.
This program may be taken for personal growth and empowerment or career enhancement. The skills of an Ayurveda Wellness Counselor perfectly compliment the practices of massage therapy, life coaching, yoga teaching, and nutritionism. However, no prior experience in these fields or with Ayurveda is necessary.
Through our Certification Program, Ayurveda Wellness Counselors are trained to:
- Teach and inspire. Empower people to take charge of their health through Ayurvedic self-care regimens and life-style choices.
- Offer dosha assessment. Assess constitutional imbalances through interviews and observations.
- Suggest self-care plans focused on healthy digestion. Help clients promote healthy digestion and balanced doshas by recommendation of lifestyle changes, diet and exercise regimens, safe fasting plans, herbs, and other self-care practices.
- Effectively manage client cases. Motivate clients to make changes, stick to positive changes, and give alternatives to the suggested plan when indicated. AWC’s can address the first two stages of disease (accumulation and provocation), when one can reverse the process by oneself using common sense to apply the principle of opposite qualities decreasing each other, and taking some home remedies.
- Refer. Be able to assess the state of illness and make referrals to Ayurveda Practitioners, Ayurveda Doctors, or other qualified health-care professionals when the disease has progressed to the third stage.