Licensed Massage Therapists
The Asheville School of Massage & Yoga is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider (#450444-07 expires 8/4/2020). Throughout the spring, summer, and fall we offer continuing education opportunities for licensed massage and bodywork therapists to keep their skills current and fulfill their licensure requirements.
We work with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) to provide PACE-approved courses for NAMA professional members in order to ensure professional growth and success of Ayurveda in the United States. NAMA professional members at any level are welcome to enroll in our PACE offerings.
We believe that an educated community is a healthy community and in that spirit we offer workshops to provide enrichment and introduce practical skills, techniques, and ideas. These workshops are open to anyone, require no prerequisites, and are non-credit offerings.
JOIN OUR CONTINUING ED MAILING LIST
Unless otherwise noted on course listings:
- Workshops at our massage school are usually 3, 7, 14, or 21 contact hours. The cost of each course is listed in the individual course.
- Class times for courses vary. Check individual course listings for exact dates and times.
- For all bodywork classes, please bring one set of twin sheets per day, plus massage oil or cream (in a spill-proof container).
- Tables are provided by the school.
- There will be a 1-hour lunch break on all 7-8 hour class days; bring a bag lunch or come prepared to buy lunch at one of the nearby restaurants.
*NOTE: Some instructors are from out of town, so classes are cancelled 2 weeks before the scheduled course date if there are not enough students registered. If you are interested in a class, don't wait to sign up.
- If we need to cancel a course, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel 2 weeks or more before the class, a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel at least 48 hours before the class, credit toward a future class will be given.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the class, no credit or refund will be given.
Cancellation for Online Ethics course: You have 2 weeks from the date of purchase to receive a full refund, after that time, no refund will be given.